Monday, July 18, 2011

Podcast

I've heard about Podcasts for a few years now and never really understood what they were. After last weeks class and our guest speaker I'm a lot more aware of podcasts and the potential they hold for a library. I think having podcasts of guest speakers or lecturers at a public library would be a GREAT idea. Think about how upset you are when you miss a lecture or speech by an author you wanted to hear.. by putting podcasts up online of the presentation patrons would be able to still enjoy the services their public library wanted even if they didn't get to physically make it. This would also be beneficial for libraries who are doing a theme like "Women's History Month". They could have a website dedicated to their theme and upload different podcasts of famous women's speeches or famous author's talks. I think this is a great idea and addition to any public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment